Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Making Hokey PokeyπŸ˜‹πŸ¬

Hey Readers!

This week we learnt how to make hokey pokey. Here is my blog post:

Aim: I want to find out how to make hokey pokey.

Research:





Method:

Ingredients:
  •  5 table spoon of sugar
  • 2 table spoon of golden syrup
  • Baking soda 1 teaspoon
Equipment:
  •  Sauce pan
  • Bunsen burner/stove
  • Something to mix with.
  • Needle
  • Cookie cutter
  • Non stick paper/baking paper
  • Cookie cutter (Optional)
  • Gauze mat
  • Heat mat
Instructions:
    1. Get all equipment required.
    2. Wash your hands thoroughly with water.
    3.  Set up the bunsen burner.
    4. Use a tripod to make the sauce pan balance.
    5. Put the sauce pan on top of the tripod.
    6. Light the bunsen burner make sure you close the hole. ( Fire before gas)
    7. Add 5 tablespoons of sugar to the sauce pan.
    8. Melt the sugar.
    9. Add 2 tablespoons of golden syrup to the sauce pan. 
    10. Mix the mixture together.
    11. Turn off the gas and add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to the melted mixture. ( The colour should become light brown/golden).
    12. Mix together thoroughly.
    13. Scrap the hokey pokey onto the non stick paper. 
    14. Let it cool for 30 seconds.
    15. Press a cookie cutter into the hokey pokey. (Optional)
Results:
  
  

Here is the video :


This video is from my best friend Venice. I did film a video of my own but the file was to big so I had to use Venice's. It's a time lapse so the video won't take to long to watch :)

Here is a photo of one of the hokey pokey blobs:


Discussion:

I noticed when I ate the hokey pokey it was chewy and very sweet. As I watched my class mates pour/scrap the hokey pokey onto the baking paper I felt satisfied. It felt very sticky and felt like sugar. My favourite part of this activity was eating the hokey pokey and mixing the mixture :) (Unfortunately we didn't use cookie cutters πŸ˜• but that's ok).

Thank you for reading this blog post!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post